Title: Natural Channel Sales & Marketing Manager
Report to: Vice President
Purpose: Manage sales activities, including revenue attainment, sales planning, policy deployment, and business development in the Natural Channel class of trade.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop annual/quarterly sales plans in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
• Achieve sales revenue targets through personal sales production, and management of other sales channels.
• Manage implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
• Ensure communications are coordinated between sales and marketing functions, support overall sales plan objectives, and meet organizational expenditure requirements.
• Manage retail pricing structures.
• Provide data insights.
• Provide sales leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements.
• Provide direct market research, competitor analysis, and retention monitoring processes and initiatives.
• Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
• Implement approved distribution strategies and manage multiple channel selling strategies.
• Develop and manage implementation of effective sales presentations and sales collateral.
• Assist VP in the development and maintenance of organization’s sales budget.
• Create sales presentations for key account meetings, to introduce new products and promotions, focusing on industry trends, point of differentiation, as well as features and benefits
• Maintain weekly sales tracking for VP of Sales including performance and promotional tracking.
• Development and communication of selling materials utilizing marketing programs.
• Complete competitive analyses to determine need gaps and pricing strategies.
• Provide superior customer service both internally and externally by providing any tools and resources needed.
• Work with Product Manager(s) on tracking marketing and sales budget on a monthly basis, process invoices and report budget issues.
• Manage internal & external Marketing and Sales calendars. Internally, manage VP of Sales customer call schedule and travel, all important meetings and key dates.
• Open to performing various tasks supporting all departments as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
• Lead special sales programs and initiatives, as necessary.
• Headquarter sales calls.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-starter, innovative, and strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multi-task
• Ability to prioritize, re-prioritize and meet deadlines
• Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office suite: particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Analytical - Collects and researches data. Uses intuition, knowledge and experience to complement data.
• Project Management – Oversees and coordinates projects; Completes projects on time and budget.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance from our sales agents and broker networks.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet needs. Presents numerical data effectively and in an understandable manner. Able to read and interpret written information.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue.
• Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required (unless otherwise noted):
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Forward thinking/strategic sales planning abilities.
• Strong organization and multi-tasking capabilities.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at tactical level.
• Employee training and development.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• High performance team development and a strong team player.
• Commitment to company values.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including sales presentation(s).
• Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to use good judgment and show sensitivity to confidential matters.
• Minimum 2 years sales experience.
• Fast-paced work environment.
• Visit(s), sales presentation(s) at client/prospect sites and locations.
• Overnight travel by air/car, or other transportation, required as necessary.
• Required to live in the greater Denver area.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
• Personal computer with Microsoft Office software applications.
• Multi-line telephone with voice mail.
• Copy machine.
Submit Resumes and Cover Letters:
• Dan Quail; VP Similasan North America; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls and no walk-ins.